Snort_inline in svn updated to 2.6.1.3

This week SourceFire published a security advisory for (among others) Snort version 2.6.1.2, on which Snort_inline is based. So I took some time to update Snort_inline. Normally this would have taken Will and me quite some time, but since we switched to using svn those days are gone. I was able to update it in under a hour. I was very happy I blogged about the procedure to follow, since I had already forgotten about it ;-)

Will is preparing a release based on this, which should also build with ClamAV 0.90.

Anyway, svn is up to date, so if you are using Snort_inline and rely on the DCE/RPC preprocessor, please pull the code from svn.

Check it out! :-)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s