Major 1.4 update.
The OISF development team is proud to announce Suricata 1.4.1. This is a major update over the 1.4 release, adding some exiting features, many improvements and fixing some important bugs.
Get the new release here: suricata-1.4.1.tar.gz
The most interesting new feature is the GeoIP support. Great contribution by Ignacio Sanchez. It adds “geoip” rule keyword that allows you to match on source of destination of a packet per country.
- GeoIP keyword, allowing matching on Maxmind’s database, contributed by Ignacio Sanchez (#559)
- Introduce http_host and http_raw_host keywords (#733, #743)
- Add python module for interacting with unix socket (#767)
- Add new unix socket commands: fetching config, counters, basic runtime info (#764, #765)
- Big Napatech support update by Matt Keeler
- Configurable sensor id in unified2 output, contributed by Jake Gionet (#667)
- FreeBSD IPFW fixes by Nikolay Denev
- Add “default” interface setting to capture configuration in yaml (#679)
- Make sure “snaplen”…
View original post 283 more words