I’ve just pushed the 0.8 release. See my announcement here. Get it from github or the ftp server.
- ipv6 support using ip6tables
- logging uses nflog – initial work by Fred Leeflang
- connection logging and viewer
- add rpfilter and improved helper support
- a ‘dialog’ based setup wizard
- single code base / package
- massive code cleanup
I plan to continue to work on Vuurmuur, but it will likely remain at a low pace. Suricata development is simply taking too much of my time.
As a next big step, I’m thinking about making the leap to nftables. This would be quite a project, so I’m resisting it a bit. On the other hand, I would like to learn more about nftables as well.
Another thing I’ve been dreaming of is somehow integrating support for Suricata. Fully supporting Suricata would be a massive effort, but perhaps a simple enough integration. Probably starting with showing logs, setting some basic config options.
If you’d like to help with Vuurmuur development it would be great. It’s still written in C, but at least the code is a lot cleaner than in 0.7.